What is Piles?
Piles also called Hemorrhoids refer to swollen veins around or within the anus that are common in both young and old people.
How to lower your risk?
- Straining while passing stool
- Processed meat
- Lifting heavy weights often
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Grains, Legumes and beans
- 6-8 Glasses of water/day
How to check for Piles?
Consult your doctor if you experience any of these sings.
- Bleeding from the anus with/without pain
- Stools are tarry and maroon in color
- Irritation and the need to strain while passing stool
- Swollen hemorrhoids pushing through the anal opening accompanied with pain
- Itching, pain or discomfort around and within the anus
- Slimy discharge (mucus) from the anus