- Consuming diet rich in fiber by eating foods that are natural laxatives
- Drink lot of water as excessive water is absorbed from colon to produce breast milk.
- Increase physical activity as work out stimulates our bowel movements
- Improving Posture – Squatting is more effective way to defecate as ano rectal angle is straightened. Lifting your feet to raise knees above pelvis while sitting also helps.
- Do not ignore urge to defecate as delay may lead to excessive water absorption and harder stools.